31 May 2013

Spinning for Bendigo

Over the past couple of weeks I haven't been able to indulge my fibre arts as much as I would like to, mainly due to my impending assignments and other study related tasks. So I found myself drawn to spinning more than knitting and crochet at the moment, especially when time is short, I can easily fit in a few minutes of spinning here and there without having to think about where I am at. And when I get into a rhythm when my wheel hums and the fibre just flows through my finger tips, ahhh, it's sheer bliss :)

Stormy Night: this is a blend of baby wool, alpaca and mohair. All dyed with food colours and hand carded, it's a 2-ply, roughly DK weight.
Virgo: this is a top from World of Wool in the Virgo colourway, a merino/silk blend. I love merino silk blend, such a fabulous combination, the resulting yarn is so soft and squishy. This is also a 2-ply but a fingering weight, I actually spun 2 skeins.
All these handspuns are stock contributions toward my friend's booth at the Bengido Sheep & Wool Show in July. I'd pledged 20 skeins so there are still quite a few to make up, back to the spinning wheel!

Thanks for dropping by, there is more fibre arts fun at Wisdom Begins in Wonder. Indulge your creative side and join the party!

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I'll take both please, thank you very much!!!!! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so amazed and impressed how much progress you made in spinning. You make it sound like you've been spinning for years!

    ReplyDelete