17 May 2013

Expecting Little Grace Special... no, I'm not having another baby! ... not the human kind anyway ;)

Today I am very excited to announce that I am officially expecting Little Grace Special. If you are a spinner you might have heard of it, if not, please allow me to introduce this little beauty:
These wheels are individually handmade by Mr. Mike Keeves of Wakefield, New Zealand. I have been on the lookout for a second wheel for a while, after much research and deliberation I settled on the Little Grace Special because I fell in love with it the moment I saw it on a forum in Ravelry.

Here's a picture of Mr. Keeves in his workshop: (photo credit: GrannyCraft.com)
Mr. Keeves doesn't have any online presence, luckily he is contactable by email. So after some email exchanges I am now officially on the waiting list, currently stand at five months. I feel very privileged to be on the list as Mr. Keeves has been making the wheels since the 1970s and he is now in his advanced years.

There is a very interesting interview with Mr. Keeves on GrannyCrafts.com which can be found here.

I am so excited!!

Thanks for dropping by, there is more fibre arts fun at Wisdom Begins in Wonder and Natural Suburbia. Indulge your creative side and join the party!

5 comments:

  1. How exciting to be waiting for this wonderful treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squeal! Getting a wheel so super exciting. Your wheel is going to be gorgeous if it's like the one in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one very pretty spinning wheel! After 5 months wait, it will probably feel like welcoming home a new baby :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha...i just read this post and had to laugh! I had exactly the same feeling while awaiting delivery of my drum carder some years ago! http://woollove-functional-fiberart.blogspot.com/2009/10/im-expecting.html

    ReplyDelete