23 June 2009

Body warmers / vests

Melbourne's winter can be quite cold, although not nearly as cold as in the northern hemisphere. I suppose that's why the school uniform does not include a coat or parka, but on a frosty morning things can still get quite chilly. That's why I decided to knit body warmers for my sons, for them to wear over their uniform teeshirts. I have chosen the wool in their uniform colours, dark blue and green, and I'm going to follow their uniform: solid in one colour with contrasting stripes on the collar and at the hem. To add a little interest I'm going to add a cable panel at the centre front then branch out along the v-neck on each side. I've never written a pattern before, so it's going to be a challenge. The knitting part will be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment