19 April 2013

Blanket for KOGO

KOGO (Knit One Give One) is an organisation that collects and distributes hand crafted items, mainly knit and crochet, to various charities from women's shelters to premie babies to the homeless... etc. I discovered KOGO when we moved to Australia in 2008 which coincided with my picking up knitting/crochet again after a long hiatus, since then it has become a tradition for me to contribute to the collection what I can each year. I don't often list items I make for KOGO but this week this is the only thing I have for show and tell ;-)

An easy baby blanket in garter stitch made from my stash yarn, I only have each colour for half a blanket so it became a blanket of two halves. This project has been in my car for a while and I only worked on it whenever I had to wait for something, it's finally done!
That's me for this week. In the meantime the trial continues... yes and I'm getting really tired!

Thanks for dropping by, there is more fibre arts fun at Wisdom Begins in Wonder. Indulge your creative side and join the party!

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. I am sure a young one much in need of comfort will adore it. Good on you to contribute! I need to step up as I haven't knit much for charity this year. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice of you to take part in KOGO. I am sure the blanket will be much appreciated. Thanks also for your comments on my blog. Enjoy getting feedback from everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of charity knitting over the years. You really should post about them, they are your finished projects, not to mention they help you reduce the stash ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very generous to knit and gift an entire blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aside from the awesome that it is to make something like that for charity... it's really pretty. I am so digging the half and half colors going on. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to spam your comment box, but I have tagged you for a blog award. Play along if you would like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! How very kind of you, not sure I'm a deserving recipient tho ;-)

      Delete
  8. I'll bet your blanket will keep someone nice and warm. I'm sending thoughts for continued strength and staying power so you can get through the trial. Hope you're having a restful day today at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and the thoughts, I need all the strength I can get right now! It means a lot! xx

      Delete
  9. What a great organization. Sometimes you want to make something for charity but don't know which one. Glad that there is one that helps coordinate. I like the two tone blanket.

    ReplyDelete