My dear friend Vivian has very kindly given me a "One Lovely Blog Award".
I feel rather sheepish in receiving this as I am quite an amateur at the blogging thing and frankly I have been rather lazy at it. Nevertheless I am very grateful and to return her kindness I shall try to do a better job from now.
I met Vivian through Ravelry (where else!), she does the most wonderful cables which I envy immensely, her lace and colour works are equally impressive. She is witty, kind, prolific with her words; I feel like I could ask her advice about anything and she would understand me very well. There are so many parallels in our lives that it seems we've known each other for years (actually it has been a couple of years, but you know what I mean). One day we shall meet in person and I look forward to that so very much.
To accept the award there are a few things one has to do:
1 - Show your Thanks – Thank the person who awarded the honor and link back to them
2 - Share seven things about yourself.
3 - Nominate up to 15 blogs that you admire.
4 - Contact the bloggers by leaving comments with them about their awards
Now share seven things about myself, lets see:
1. I once slept through an earthquake.
2. My two sons were born over 6 years apart, delivered by the same surgeon (both C-sections) and in the same theatre room.
3. When I was a little girl I used to dream about climbing the Everest, now I will be content with making it to the base camp.
4. I am Chinese by birth, hold a British passport, and living in Australia. I get confused when people ask me where I am from, especially when I am not in any of these three countries.
5. It's been 18 years since we got married, my husband still owes me a honeymoon.
6. I want to have an alpaca for a pet.
7. My ambition is to travel to 100 countries before I die, so far I've been to 24.
As I said I'm rather amateurish at blogs and I haven't been following that many, but here are a few I enjoy reading (btw I'm discovering more lovely blogs everyday!):
Bloom Where You Are - Holly just started her blog not long ago but she's positively blooming, her knitting skills are truly impressive, wish I could knit like her.
Travellers Yarn - Ingrid is a fellow knitter from Down Under, she writes about her travels and her knitting, and other crafts. But it is the travel and knitting that really grab my attention as they are my two passions as well.
Crochet Nirvana - Robin blogs about her crochet adventures, her love of books and her other crafting muses in jewelry, fabric and stitch markers.
Once again I would like to thank Vivian for helping me rejuvenate my blogging endeavours, this is still very much a working process. Please bear with me as I experiment with different designs and templates, and in general trying to figure out a format that I feel most comfortable with.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you will be back often :-)